The Irish Research Council-funded Monastic Ireland: Landscape and Settlement research team are happy to announce that it is hosting a three-day conference in August 2015.
Conference themes will include:
- The topography of medieval monastic settlement (1100-1700), in both urban and rural environments
- The impact of Church reforms on the physical structures and landscapes of the monastic Church
- Monastic space (liturgical, social and architectural aspects)
- Patronage networks
- Architecture and identities
- Written sources for understanding the monastic environment
We welcome proposals for 20-minute papers exploring this theme across the stated time span, throughout Europe.
Papers may deal with either case studies or broader methodological questions, and are not limited to delivery in the English language.
Deadline for proposals is Friday, 28 November, 2014. Proposals to be sent to email@example.com